Video: Floral Background Card w/ Watercoloring + Outline Stamping
Hello, crafty friends! Welcome to the Altenew’s 2nd anniversary blog hop. If you came from the Pretty Pink Posh’s blog, you are right on track. This is a three day event with tons of inspiration and amazing PRIZES!
To celebrate the Altenew’s 2nd anniversary, I created a watercolor card with floral background. I used the flower images from Altenew’s stamp sets: Wild Hibiscus and Botanical Garden. Then I watercolored them with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.
Last weekend I went on the Altenew retreat to New York, and I had some fun crop night with Tasnim Ahmed and Jennifer Rzasa. Jen showed me some tips on watercoloring as I was struggling with this card. She asked me to let the paint dry before adding more color to the image. I think it worked so well for today’s card.
I’m absolutely happy with how my card turned out. Since I’ve started watercoloring, this is the best card I made. Hope you love my card as well. 🙂
I made a video tutorial to show you how I created my watercolor card. You can watch the video here or in HD on YouTube. Hope you find it helpful.
How to Make a Floral Background Card using Watercoloring
- Stamp the images from Wild Hibiscus and Botanical Garden with Ranger Archival black ink on a piece of Arches cold pressed watercolor paper. (Make sure to use a waterproof ink.)
- Watercolor the images using Kuretake Gansai Tambi 36 color set.
- Mount the watercolor panel on a A2 sized top folding card using foam tape.
- Stamp ‘Celebrate’ from Super Script with watermark ink, heat emboss it using gold embossing powder, die cut it with coordinating die and adhere it on the card front using foam tape
- Stamp the sentiment from Label Love with black ink and adhere it below the die cut.
- Finish off the card with some gold metallic thread and Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.
Altenew’s Special Offers
- First 100 orders : 1 free mini stamp set (Starting April 7th at 9:00 AM EST)
- Orders over $75 : 1 free mini stamp set (Now through Sunday, April 10, 2016)
Leave comments along the way for the opportunity to win one of THREE prize packs valued at over $100 from Altenew! There are 8 awesome companies who are celebrating with us, and they are offering the following prizes:
- Pretty Pink Posh : $30 Gift Certificate
- WOW! Embossing Powder : $30 Prize Pack
- Simon Says Stamp : $30 Gift Certificate
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L : $30 Prize Pack
- Ellen Hutson : $50 Gift Certificate
- Freckled Fawn : Gypsy Kit valued at $27
- My Sweet Petunia : Mini MISTI
- StampNation : Three 3 Month Subscriptions
Be sure to leave comments on each stop by Tuesday, April 12, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST for a chance to win. 13 winners will be chosen at random from the collective blogs in the hop list and will be announced on the Altenew blog on Apr 14th.
It is now time to head on over to the amazingly talented Iwona Palamountain’s blog to see what creation she has to inspire you all. But I’ve got the entire hop list for you below. Thank you so much for stopping by. Happy hopping!
- Jennifer McGuire
- Sveta Fotinia
- Elena Roussakis
- Pretty Pink Posh
- May Sukyong Park (you’re here!)
- Iwona Palamountain
- WOW! Embossing Powder
- Yana Smakula
- Taheerah Atchia
- Svitlana Shayevich
- Donna Mikasa