Hello, and welcome to the Altenew & WOW! Embossing Powder collaboration blog hop! If you came from the amazing Laurence Colling’s blog, you are right on track! Today the design team girls are sharing some fabulous projects using both Altenew and WOW! products, and here is what I came up with:
I created a birthday card inspired by my friend Yana’s gorgeous cardmaking style. She loves using anything gold, flowers, and frame on her projects. You wouldn’t believe me how many cards I had to throw away and start over until I found some inspiration from Yana’s cards: HERE and HERE.
I’ve struggled with today’s blog hop project for the last few days, and I just finished my card one hour ago. It’s a pity that I had to stop filming a video in the middle of process because I was in a hurry. It’s already 3:20 am while I’m writing a post. Gosh, the blog hop will be live in 40 minutes!
DIY Birthday Card using Heat Embossing Technique
- Create a ombre background by applying three shades of blue inks using mini blending tool on a piece of white cardstock.
- Stamp the images from Golden Garden with watermark ink and heat emboss them with WOW! Metallic Gold Rich powder.
- Stamp flowers and leaves from Vintage Flowers, gold emboss the flowers, die cut them with coordinating dies.
- Mount Baroque Frame and die cut pieces on the card front using foam tape.
- Gold emboss the sentiment from Birthday Greetings on a piece of black cardstock.
- Adhere the sentiment banner on the frame and finish off the card with some clear droplets from Pretty Pink Posh.
I usually don’t ask you to leave me a comment, but I really hope you share what you think about today’s card and leave me some love. That means a lot to me!
There are two $30 WOW! gift certificates and two $30 Altenew gift certificates up for grabs. Winners will be picked randomly from the comments left on any of the blogs listed below and announced on the Altenew and WOW! blogs on February 29th.
It is now time to head on over to the talented Victoria Petrenko’s blog to see what creation she has to inspire you all. I am sure she has something amazing made up. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy hopping!