Hi, crafty friends! I hope you are having a great start to your new day. If you are following me on Instagram, you may heard that I dropped my iPhone 6 on the floor and shattered the phone screen. However I’m so glad I was able to film the video for today’s card. 🙂
I created an encouragement card with vintage floral background. My inspiration came from the Tango-Inspired card and Lunar New Year card that I made last month. I took layout and stamped background from them, but this time I chose a light coral and blue color scheme to create my own background.
This is a video tutorial showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube. This time I did a voice over for the whole video, and I hope you understand my pronunciation. 🙂
How to Make an Encouragement Card w/ Floral Background
- Stamp the bottom layer of peony from the Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set with white pigment ink.
- Stamp the second and top layer with Altenew Crisp Inks: Ocean Waves and Dusk.
- After masking off the flower, stamp the leaves from the set using Dusk Crisp ink.
- Mount the embossed foil frame on the card front using foam tape.
- Die cut Hello from Altenew Super Script die set and stamp the word Hello in black.
- Heat emboss the sentiment from the Altenew You Are stamp set using white embossing powder.
- After mounting the word die cut and sentiment banner, add some Sparkling Clear sequins.
5 Tips for Stamping the Solid Image on Colored Cardstock
- Use a padding underneath your cardstock.
- In case you miss stamping the part of your image, MISTI or stamp positioner can be used.
- Ink up the color well and check the ink coverage on your clear stamp before stamping.
- Stamp firmly on the paper with even pressure.
- Make sure you don’t move your acrylic block while stamping.
That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my card and got some inspiration. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!